Monday, October 29, 2012

3 poems || Barry Alpert



INSIDE OUT

via Joel Shapiro


translating small large.
Perceiver joins work.

Planks color suspended space.
Color inexplicable.

Record time elapsed
rather than last word





WHY, JOEL SHAPIRO

                  “I just don’t trust language” – JS

Whole interior chamber
huge limitation.  I subject it.
You . . . with its weight and mass

just . . . even Degas in his use of gravity
on . . . I do think
exists and that
limited and that I

still 
has to deal with its organizer,
a stainless steel
piece that
I’m doing now
really looked like photos after
one experiences collapse.



WHY, JOEL SHAPIRO


Why the figure is an illustration rather than . . .
Hard to read this work.
You are in your studio trying to build something

just became hope
other people can’t see it.
Evolution was very complicated.
Line up with each other;

support this vertical column.
Hand saw
a larger
piece.
I think there’s some
real resolution in the model
out of wood—really beautiful wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment