Tuesday, February 5, 2013

poem || Jeff Harrison


 
Valentino
 
D (drop,
drop,
slow
tears)
 
earth, stop-
cock, moon,
valve, umbra...
 
F (flop,
flop,
slow
tears)
 
partial,
eclipse,
pen-
umbra...
 
S (stop!
for thy
tread
upon an
empire's
dust)
 
O! it is
monstrous,
it is, O!,
monstrous
 
O! rush-
es by de
ribberside,
you bows
whenebber
ah drops
 
O! fish, you
leap about,
whenever
my verses
are heaped
about (what,
what.)
 
I am Valentino,
boney me, and
soda-less - tho
optimistic, quite...
what, what,
what, what.
 
took, a mice
very candidate
and optimistically
soda-less, audial
and benign...
what, what,
what, what.
 
ample animal, O,
voluptuous...
what,
what.
 
licentious, me,
and beatific, O,
vested colloquially
I address none but
Virginia, Virginia!...
what, what,
what, what.

No comments:

Post a Comment