Friday, July 26, 2013

poem || Stephen Straub

Ratchet

All the liquor
                      Sprawled
                                     Across
                                                The wine red table.

Thanks, babe, I no longer care.

Water’s never cold, only bitter
When you’re swimming with an ice queen.

You won’t believe
The shit
I can’t recall.

Tragedy only exists in memory.

Trauma’s in the body.

Yeah I’m shirtless,
Why aren’t you?

Portuguese is sassy Spanish;
I’ll slur it the shame after a sangria o dos.

We only have a bottle each.
It’s the last day; smoke me clean.

ALL THE MEN NEED TO LEAVE

Yeah I’m naked,
And so are you.

Feel guilty?
Don’t.

Everyone’s doing it the shame
Without you within and without you.

Never Forget,
But why did I say it again?

These pics will never see the light of day-
Thank God I poured it from my brain.

Yeah I’m lonely,
So are you.

Slam the last shot glass
When shattered
                                                                        Scatter

I might remember the moment
My soul escaped
And watched my body free
And nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment